Do you want a steak with plate appeal? Wow factor? If so, the Angus Tomahawk Chop is what you're looking for! Our butcher takes his time frenching the bone to give the steak the signature flavor and unique look that will drop jaws at your dinner table. Watch Chef Andre working with the beautiful cut of meat, and see his full recipe below.
Ingredients United Harvest Angus Tomahawk Chops 1 tbsp avocado oil or rendered duck fat Salt White pepper 2 tbsp grass fed butter Red wine or bourbon, optional 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
Directions 1. Defrost steak while in the sealed packaging (approx. 2 days in refrigerator).
2. Take steak out of refrigerator and rest until room temperature. Season with salt & white pepper.
3. Heat up cast iron skillet on medium-high, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil or rendered duck fat.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
5. Place seasoned tomahawk steak onto cast iron skillet for 3-4 minutes.
6. Lower the skillet heat to medium, flip steak and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Place into pre heated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes (pre check that your skillet fits into oven).
8. Put out of oven and transfer to a room temperature plate and rest it for 15 minutes.
9. Place juices from roasting pan and the plate into skillet, gently stir in 2 tablespoons of organic grass fed butter into the juices while the heat is on medium to high and reduce until a lovely sauce consistency appears though be sure to moderately stir and adjust the heat a light simmer. This is the time you are free to add a little red wine or bourbon into reduction if you wish and and a little salt, pepper and approx 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme.
10. Slice the Tomahawk to your liking, serve onto the dinner plate, place reduced juices over your steak and enjoy!